Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 12, 2023

Boys' Night Out

I had one of the best nights here ever since I arrived in Indiana again. It's not easy to make friends especially at this age, but somehow, I met two special brothers.

One is Koki from Japan, and the other is Seoljoo from Korea. I really enjoyed talking to them so much. We have so many things in common and we spent a lot of time together. I met Seoljoo in the doctoral seminar, and Koki in the Research Methods course. They were also from the same department different from mine, and somehow, I met them and had a lot of fun with them. That day, the bus failed to come on time, and I missed the bus stop because of an ongoing construction zone, so Seoljoo and Koki had to drive to where I stood to pick me up. It was so embarrassing because I didn't wanna burden them and waste their time. Anyway, we made it there, and Koki made a great dish of noodles, salad, and fried rice. It was super good, like really. Koki was a bit disappointed at the fried rice because the texture is quite sticky and not crispy like the normal fried rice that we often had, but I don't care that much. All I know is that he spent lots of time preparing the dish and it tasted good. It was filled with passion and his hospitality. We had so much fun, but Seoljoo had to leave early for his Christmas preps at church.

I then continued to have some drinks with Koki. We talked to each other a lot and he was a bit curious about my personal life. When I got drunk, I became very emotional and tend to confess all the hidden feelings that I had. Koki was there to listen to me, and I felt truly grateful. It was dark, so I slept over his house. Luckily his roommate had a spare mattress so I could sleep on it. The floor was terribly cold at night and the ceilings were so thin I could literally hear people's footsteps above. I don't know how he managed to sleep over this semester though. The morning after, I woke up feeling a bit light-headed, but it's normal because I know the alcohol has not faded away. Koki walked me to the bus stop and shouldered goodbye to each other. I took the bus 5 to the campus, and biked home.

Now I'm typing these lines, I still reminisce that night, it was full of joy. I don't have many male friends, and they are the best two bros I ever met. I'm not sure how long we will see each other, but I will try my best to make every moment meaningful. I will cherish it!

AI-generated image to represent us that day haha


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét